Because there's no better subject than me, you know. And not because I ran out of ideas and stole Alice's meme. Of course not.
Let's go to the Movies!
1. One that made you laugh: Too many to count, but I have to give a shout out to YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN. When Kenneth Mars says, “…following in his grandfather’s voodshteps.” “What?” “Voodshteps, voodshteps!” “Oh! Footsteps!” I still have a Depends moment.
2. One that made you cry: CASABLANCA. Humphrey Bogart may not have had traditional romantic good looks, but he loved her, dammit! He deserved so much more than he got. When he delivers the classic “Here’s looking at you, kid” line I get weepy.
3. One movie you loved when you were a child: ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN. Two kids who have telekinetic powers and ran circles around adults? I was so there.
4. One you’ve seen more than once: Yes, I am that geek who has seen MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL 247 times and can recite the whole thing. Nit!
5. One you loved, but were embarrassed to admit it: JUST ONE OF THE GUYS. Standard 80’s teen movie schtick, but I adored it.
6. One you hated: MOULIN ROUGE. I didn’t get what everyone was so darn thrilled with and I’d really like those two hours of my life back.
7. One that scared you: When I was 17, my parents had gone for the weekend. I decided to watch this horror flick I’d always heard about. I mean, I’d watched HALLOWEEN and CARRIE, so this movie couldn’t scare me, right? It was in black and white, for pity’s sake. PSYCHO certainly wouldn’t scare the crap out of me and make me mentally ill for the rest of the weekend and force me to bathe with the door wide open, curtain drawn back, dog leashed to the toilet, and biggest kitchen knife in one hand, would it? Nah.
8. One that bored you: Pink Floyd’s THE WALL. Liked the album, hated the movie. Yawn.
9. One that made you happy: THE SOUND OF MUSIC. I am a complete and total sucker for it. Julie Andrews, singing kids, and Christopher Plummer fighting off Nazis. And puppets. What more do you need?
10. One that made you miserable: SCHINDLER’S LIST. As far as I’m concerned that should be mandatory viewing for the entire world population.
11. One movie you weren’t brave enough to see: As it happens, the movie I actually did see. I was stupid enough to see a 5 o’clock matinee of POLTERGEIST by myself. There were about 6 people scattered about in the theater, and halfway through we were sitting in the same spot, clinging like old relatives.
12. One movie character you’ve fallen in love with: ONE?!? I can’t do that, I love too many! If pressed, though, I can probably say that in all his various movie appearances, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA still gets me in sensitive places.
13. The last movie you saw: THE INCREDIBLE HULK, and I was enormously pleased. It had good action, good angst, but gave several respectful nods to the T.V. show, including a cameo by Lou Ferrigno! SO much better than the last one.
14. The next movie you hope to see: I’m going to be dragged to THE DARK KNIGHT. I love Christian Bale, and the first was very good, but seeing Heath Ledger will be sad. Plus he looks Cree. Pee.
Do the movie meme if you wish!