Tuesday, August 26, 2008

In Which I Lay A Big Smooch On Alan Rickman

Cute Guy Wednesday features a somewhat unorthodox hottie...



Was there anyone who wasn't fascinated by Die Hard's Hans Gruber, the ultimate suave villain? I loved it when Bonnie Bedelia said, "After all your posturing, all your speeches, you're nothing but a common thief."


"I am an exceptional thief, Mrs. McClane. And since I'm moving up to kidnapping, you should be more polite. "






Even when the rest of the movie sucked- and Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves did- he shined. The Sheriff of Nottingham was Snidely Whiplash on acid, but his over-the-top antics still made beautiful sense. It was also a joy to watch.


"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas."


[to a wench] You. My room. 10:30 tonight. [to another wench] You. 10:45... And bring a friend.




Of course, he wasn't always a villain. I don't know many women who didn't absolutely swoon when Col. Brandon carried Marianne home, and waited outside her sickroom door in Sense and Sensibility.

"What can I do?"


"Colonel Brandon, you have done so much already..."


"Give me an occupation, Miss Dashwood, or I shall run mad."





Any man who could make me feel for Severus Snape while still despising him has got Mad Skillz.















By Grabthar's hammer...


















I love that man.

5 comments:

Bernita said...

Snape has the most wonderful deep charcoal voice.

Robyn said...

According to IMDb: "When he was a child, he had a speech disability: his lower jaw was very tight, causing his words to be indistinctive and muffled. He still has a slight speech impediment, it is the tight lower jaw which gives him his distinctive drawl."

Missie said...

I heart me some Rickman.

Elizabeth said...

Alan Rickman rocks. Love, love, love him!

Alice said...

Thank you! I've always love him. : )