Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Mighty HQ Strikes Again

I love the HQ rack at the bookstore. It's a treasure trove of Saturday afternoon entertainment.

Montana Royalty



Otherwise known as: Subtlety is for Losers!

Bodyguard to the Bride



Maybe they should have included the actual bride in this one. I’m wondering if he’s looking for her or looking for a dressing room.

The Night Serpent



Is ‘night serpent’ a new euphemism for ‘trouser snake?’

The Desert King



And what do you know…one I like. The internet picture doesn’t do it justice. Look for it in a bookstore. I’d like a different hairstyle on him, but this cover is really pretty. It looks as if it’s done in watercolors; misty and iridescent. A somewhat classier throwback to the old clinch covers, it looks as lush and exotic as the title.

What? I can be nice, too, y’all. Geez.

5 comments:

Bernita said...

The first!
No, not subtle at all.

StarvingWriteNow said...

That snake cover gives me the heebie jeebies! Yikes!!

I agree the last one has a certain... something about it. And what's wrong with that Shaun Cassidy feathered look, I ask you?

Robyn said...

It screams Let's Be Blunt About It, Bernita.

The shag messes with my sheikh-ly fantasies, Beth!

Missie said...

...aaaaaand then my hopes were dashed when I realized the title was not "The Dessert King"..

That snake thing is waaaay too creepy.

Robyn said...

Missie, quit talking about dessert or I will stab you with a spork!